Welcome, Traveller (Official No Man's Sky Thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Welcome, Traveller (Official No Man's Sky Thread)

#21 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Did I miss the explanation about how to find this ship?
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#22 Post by Revolver » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:31 pm

You need to join my game, and I'll take you there. I have a base there, and it seems to respawn. I should be on Thursday night, if you're about.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#23 Post by Fienasre » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:29 pm

I only bought 170 Chromatic metal for 15k of units. All the other stuff I used to unlock the slots is mined, until now. I am going to need Tech modules and lot's of them. That's going to run up to 2 million.
You mentioned that you found somewhere that the cost of repairing would go up when you fix a part. That hasn't happened yet. The requirements stay the same per slot.

I see it as an extra thing to do. Warp into a system, scan planets and prioritize the planets with resources I need for my ship and multi-tool.
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#24 Post by Revolver » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:38 pm

Went on very briefly tonight. Ship hasn’t respawned. I’m guessing (based on 0 knowledge) that it respawned before because I sold it, maybe? I don’t know.

I built a teleport portal at my base, though. Get me.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#25 Post by Revolver » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:36 am

You know the scanner module stacking thing? Well I thought you could stack an A, B and an S. But no! You can stack 3 S-rank scanners. Just scanned a creature for 350K units. Woo.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#26 Post by Fienasre » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:39 am

Lol... I did not expect that. And the S-scanner are pretty cheap in Nanites. AMAZING stuff! Haven't played since Tuesday...
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#27 Post by Revolver » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:10 am

I've not played much, either. I'm still not sure I completely get along with the lack of structure. I keep getting SO distracted every time I try and follow a quest or something, I never really remember what I was doing when I log back in the next time. Maybe I need to keep a diary or something. :)
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:15 am

Still haven't found a S class scanner. I probably don't help myself by never going anywhere, to be fair.

So I was still rattling around in my 19 slot ship, then found a broken 26 slotter. Fixed it so it could fly, went to space, traded it for a 24 slotter which wasn't broken.

So then, my broken ship that I traded - it was just left abandoned on the station. So I claimed it, then traded it again, for a 25 slotter.

Then I did it again, for a 22 slot ship.

So I thought I was doing really well. And I suppose I'm doing ok, since I now have a 25 slot ship instead of 19. But these crappy ships I'm collecting - I can't actually do anything with them. I can't sell them. All I can do is trade them up. I can't even abandon them, I think..

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#29 Post by Revolver » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Well, I guess you can use them to trade for other ships, but if you ever find a better derelict you might not have a free slot to claim it.

I need another decent derelict to trade for a fighter. I'm rubbish at fighting in my cargo ship. I want one of those BSG-looking things.

Apparently 6 is the maximum you can own, and if you get 6 ships, other ships will stop landing in your freighter. Not sure if that's a big deal.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#30 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Revolver wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:48 pm
if you ever find a better derelict you might not have a free slot to claim it.
But you can choose to swap ships or add ship. I suppose when I reach 6 ships I will only be able to swap.

Is there some tech that lets you call a ship of your choice? Like you can from one of those terminals at a surface trading station with 6 landing bay places. Because if not, then it would be a pain to go switch ships if I'm flying one that I want to keep.