Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#29141 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:34 pm

Insanely, The Predator beats Predator at Metacritic. (Not true at rottentomatoes.)
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#29142 Post by Revolver » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:00 pm

I won't finish Jack Ryan, no. But I never finish anything. I don't actually remember the last TV series I watched all the way through.

Mrs. Rev is sticking with The Innocents. I slept through most of last night's, and dreamed about playing Spider-man. Then I played Spider-man until stupid o'clock.

Not really been interested in Predator. The trailers I saw weren't great.

I've been invited to the new Trials game beta. Woot. I hope it does something new. The last one was stale.
Stealth is an option.

Glombeard
Legend

#29143 Post by Glombeard » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:03 am

we went to watch Fallout. we actually had fun watching it. Mrs Glom complained about too many vehicles chasing. it's actually a full ceaseless run through the movie, i wonder what they'll do for the next one.

spoiler alert:
Superman with mustache and goatee was ridiculous.
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#29144 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:19 am

He's not Superman any more. Allegedly.

I expect it's just someone "working out" that he's going to be busy on The Witcher for 5 years, rather than any inside knowledge about his DC contract. Maybe Rev can enlighten us.

Just 1 Jack Ryan left. It's still good. It's still predictable and nothing new though.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#29145 Post by Revolver » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:15 am

One day I'll quit working here and spill all the beans about everything I've come to know, and basically you'll get 3 bullet points about which WB office has the best restaurant. Totally be worth the wait, though.

I thought Ex-Superman was one of the best things in Fallout. It was almost as if he was in a different movie to the others, but it worked really well.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#29146 Post by Revolver » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:54 am

We watched The Endless last night. Really interesting. Quite a slow burn, with some nice ideas towards the end. Enjoyed it a lot.

Then I played some of the beta for the new Trials game. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but there wasn't really anything wrong with it. I just find the direction they've taken with the game on the current generation of consoles to be the exact opposite of what I want from a Trials game. Ah well.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#29147 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:18 pm

Never heard of the Endless and the thumbnail looks so rubbish I almost didn't bother to watch the trailer. Will definitely try and find it though.

This weekend I watched..

Solo. Jesus that was just so very meh. The entire film was in the trailer, with the exception of the fabled Kessel Run, which was just stupid. Definitely needed more humour. I think they tried to use the droid for that, but it was rubbish.

Finished Jack Ryan. Nothing more to add. It was fine. I think the terrorist plan was telegraphed a bit. If it was obvious to me, it'll be obvious to everyone.

Watched a little more Iron Fist. Still fine enough so far.

Have watched the first 7 or 8 Ray Donovan. I wouldn't be watching if it were just me.

Fienasre
Legend

#29148 Post by Fienasre » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:00 pm

I sank a lot more time in Destiny 2. With the Forsaken stuff added to everything I missed in year 1 I have so much to do and explore. It's almost ridiculous. And I keep on doing it. Big thumbs up to the gameplay of course.

We watched Infinity War for the first time (missed it in the cinema). Both of us felt confused and a slight dissapointment when the credits rolled. We think that too many faces needed screentime to make it work as a whole.
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#29149 Post by Revolver » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:58 pm

I definitely enjoyed Infinity War more the second time around. There's an awful lot to take in first time.

Agreed on Solo. I don't think I'll even buy it, and I buy EVERYTHING.

I watched... pretty much nothing. Played more Spider-man (still awesome) and some more Trials beta (still bloated nonsense), and mostly just did stuff all weekend.

Mrs. Rev seems to have forgotten that we were watching The Innocents, which is a result. Shhhh.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#29150 Post by Revolver » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Revolver wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:04 pm
I did buy Bone Tomohawk though...
And a little after one year later, I finally watched it. Good film. I need to watch more Westerns, especially in the run up to RDR2.

Any recommendations? Not an issue if I've already seen them.
Stealth is an option.